Firm's Information

My Law,LLC Immigration Law Firm WebSite: E-mail: Phone: 1-(630) 903-9625

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

K-1 Fiancé Visa

The K-1 visa will allow the foreign citizen who is engaged to a U.S citizen to go to the U.S. While in the U.S, the couple is expected to get married legally within a specific period of time. The K-1 visa holder will get this visa so that they can marry the U.S citizen within 90 days of arriving in the U.S.
To be allowed to get the K-1 visa and travel to the U.S to marry the U.S citizen, there are first a few fiancé visa requirements that you must fulfill.
So if you want to marry your fiancé in the U.S, you must fulfill these eligibility criteria:
  • You must have proof of your relationship before the engagement
  • You plan on getting married while you are in the U.S on a K-1 visa
  • The marriage will be performed according to the U.S laws where the marriage will be done
  • You and the U.S citizen must have met in person at least once in the past two years 

Thursday, May 10, 2018

E-2 Investor Visa

An E-2 Visa is a Visa Classification that is available for foreign nationals who wish to live in the U.S. to develop and direct the operations of a business.  The business can be large or small and an E-2 Visa is a great Visa option for those who want to start a business.  In order to qualify for the Visa, applicants must meet specific requirements.

The E-2 Investor Trader Visa is only available to people from the countries that the U.S. has a Treaty with. You must invest funds that you have obtained from a lawful means. The U.S. Government does not have a predetermined amount that they consider substantial.